Relax and Renew
The year is quickly coming to an end. Universities and colleges have already sent students home for winter break. Those of you in K-12 schools will undoubtedly begin your break by Dec. 23. For this post I would like to remind all of you who are educators of the invaluable work you do every day. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work you do every day. For the innumerable acts of kindness and compassion, I thank you. I would like to also remind you, that while your students may not articulate “thanks” to you, there are many who know you are the person who cares about them on a daily basis.
Take time over winter break to relax, to rest, and to renew your spirit. Enjoy time with family and friends. Take time for yourself. Have a cup of coffee. Read a book. Take a walk. Meditate. Do what you want to do for just a few minutes.
Take time to reflect on the year so far and begin planning for the remaining school year. Reflect on the power you have to make each day a better day.
Ideas, Inspiration, and Just for Fun Links
- Check out An Education in Books Blog to find great “must read books for kids.”
- Watch the video Beckoning of Lovely Gathering at Bean 8/08/08. …..just because it is lovely.
- Watch J.K. Rowling’s 2008 Commencement Address, “The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination,” at the Annual Meeting of the Harvard Alumni Association
- Share a Carol with a friend
- Recommended by Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day Blog
- Reflect on the positive with The “Three Good Things Excercise“ also from blogger Larry Ferlazzo
- Make the most of your break with
- A Song for Winter Break From the Desk of Mr. Foteah Blog